Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lobster-Plath part 2

Just after posting the entry from this morning I realized I am not making shrimp tonight, I am roasting a chicken. Ah well - the best laid plans, eh? But I did just send out an email to far too many people. I'm really not one of those people who sends out mass emails! I swear! This was just me saying something and I realized that I wanted a lot of people to read it! SO after sending it, I thought ... "but really, don't I want EVERYONE to read this?" so here you go: my mass Happy Lobster-Plath email to the world.

I'm sorry for the mass email, but if you are reading this it is probably because I figured you would love this as much as I am!

Today is Lobster-Plath, the anniversary of the day Sylvia Plath died AND the day the largest lobster ever was caught. I assume you're supposed to celebrate such a day by reading Sylvia Plath and eating lobster. I'm making roast chicken tonight and I today is much too boisterous for most of the Sylvia Plath that I know so I ended up perusing Billy Collins' Poetry 180 page which contains no Sylvia Plath - I guess I fail at this holiday, but I did discover a wonderful poem I had never read before. It is #7 on Mr. Collins' list and it is called "Do You Have Any Advice For Those of Us Just Starting Out?" by Ron Koertge.

I hope you all enjoy! And Happy Lobster-Plath!

(in the email I stuck the poem in here, but for my blog I'm just going to demand that y'all go on over to Poetry 180 and read the poem where the people who have permission to stick it up have stuck it up.

No comments: