Saturday, December 31, 2005

yummy house

The husband and I have been getting nose bleeds like it is going out of style (but as far as I know it has never been in style). I am hypothesizing that this is partially due to the winter being super dry. This confuses me because we're both desert babies and this is our first winter not in the desert. Why is it this year that we're nosebleed central? Ah well.

To fix this problem without a humidifier, I've stuck a large pot of water on the stove. To make it more fun I've added a few cinnamon sticks, some cloves, and some black peppers. I'm debating adding the last of my cardamom, but I want to save that for something special.

The apartment smells gorgeous! I'm happy.

Since the husband works all night tonight (probably way past midnight. Sigh. Yet another year that I don't get kissed at midnight on New Years Eve. Ah well.), I am making tonight as comfy as possible for me. I've got tons of tea (Masala Chai, Mango Mambo, and some lovely Jasmine Pearls that are probably for later in the evening), some great tea biscuits, and lots of ideas of things to write. It's going to be a calm New Years - with tacos when he gets home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. Use vaseline for the nosebleeds. MBBSR