Thursday, August 14, 2008

In which the blogger appologizes profusely and promises not to do it again but no one believes her.

(side note: I love those long rambly chapter headings or story titles like that. Didn't Billy Collins write a poem about that*? I could look, but poetry is all the way on the OTHER SIDE OF THE LIBRARY and I'm on my break and will look it up later.)

So it's been awhile, hasn't it? I'm sorry! I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and actually update here ... we'll see how I do.

So ... my last post was 2 days before this:
new kins
THE KINS! Isn't she beautiful?

Fast forward a couple of months and this happened:
dad and kins
Seriously - don't you just want to snuggle up with them and LOVE LOVE LOVE? My dad and my daughter = adorableness I wish I could bottle.

Fast forward a few more months to two days ago and we get:
baby chef
Anybody who is on my facebook already knows this, but the Kins loves putting things on her head. And her Aunt and almost Uncle sent her a chef's hat and apron (apron not pictured) and she was SO HAPPY! And then she was banging on pots while I was making dinner wearing them both so we made up a song (Does anyone out there in library land know the song baby shark? 'Cause the song has the same tune.) that goes like this:

Baby Chef (do do do do do)
Baby Chef (do do do do)
Baby Chef (do do do do do do do do do do do do do doooot)

Toddler chef ...
Kidlet chef ...
Teenage chef ...
Mama chef ...

then I had to tell her that mama doesn't necessarilly follow teenage, I just put that in there so I could be a chef too. 'Cause I'm egotistical. (: And I'm slightly neurotic about not forcing her into traditional gender roles.

Who am I kidding? I'm slightly neurotic about most things.

So that's what I've been up to for the past ... 15 months or so. What about you all?

*He did. It was called "Reading an Anthology of Chinese Poems of the Sung Dynasty, I Pause To Admire the Length and Clarity of Their Titles." Now we all have to pause and note that the side note I started my post with has a foot note attached. And some people say I'm not neurotic.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Um, you need to change your side bar from "future librarian" to Librarian.

Also, HAI. Welcome back to blogworld.

Anonymous said...

I love it. You are too adorable and so is your daughter. Hooray for Kayleekins!!! Love, Mom