Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Saving June - Hannah Harrington

Title: Saving June
Author: Hannah Harrington
Publisher: HarlequinTEEN
Pub Date: May 2011
Reviewed from: ARC received from publisher
Grades 10 and up

June was always the perfect daughter and Harper was always the screw up. June's suicide - a week before her high school graduation - is a shock to everyone. Harper's divorced parents decide to split June's ashes but Harper, knowing June's ardent desire to go to California, takes off with her best friend Laney and Jake. Along the way they go to a protest, a concert, and, hokey as it sounds, learn a lot more about themselves. I know. I KNOW! That last line is hokey. But sometimes that's exactly what you need.

And Jake. Let me tell you about Jake. Gorgeous. Music obsessed. June was tutoring him. But they were just friends, right? But there's a lot more to his story than he's telling.

This book is perfect for: someone who needs a good cry, someone who loves reading about awesome music, fans of good road trip stories, fans of slow-burn romances, and someone who wants to read about some awesome friendships.

Also - if you've read this let me know. Because I need to talk to someone about this book. The ending. I just have to say something but I can't say it to you because you haven't read this book.

No comments: