Friday, December 23, 2005

Horrible Cold Update

I'm sorry I'm slow lately - I have a horrible cold and I am just not feeling very witty or talkative at all. But I wanted to share a tale of stupidity with you all, so here I am - blogging.

I went to Best Buy today. I know what you're thinking, "Best Buy? Two days before Christmas? Two days before Chanukah? LibrarianPirate, you are CRAZY!” And I will give you that point. But I went to Best Buy well aware of the two holidays that happen in two days. Well aware that Winter Solstice and Kwanzaa are nearby (although I have no idea what days they are on). Well aware that pretty much every one out there is celebrating something, from Festivus to Boxing Day. I went because I needed to get something and I went prepared for the lines.

So I grab what I’m getting and get in the heinously long line. I’m surprised by how fast it is moving – the people at Best Buy sure are working hard! Then a lady gets in line behind me, and goes off. “This is bullshit! Do you see this line? This is horrible. What do they think they are doing, making us wait in line? Don’t they know that it is the holidays and we have places to be? Bullshit. This is complete bullshit.”

I have a cold and was busy sneezing and coughing, so I didn’t say anything to her – but I really wanted to just turn around and say, “Look, Lady. You chose to come shopping on December 23rd. The line is going to be long. It is, however, moving quickly.” I don’t understand people like her. December 15-24th, trying to shop is going to be a chore. Do not do it if you aren’t ready to deal with all the crap that comes with it! GRRRR!

(sorry – I’m done ranting. I’m going to go curl up with my Affrin and my bottle of Tylenol Sore Throat and sleep.)

No comments: